Saturday, September 24, 2011

Back with a vengeance!..... maybe...

I know, I know, I've been really, really bad. Super bad. I'm hoping to start updating more, but I have to be honest it's going to be a bit hard since my computer is broken. It's definitely not for the lack of subject matter, that's for sure! So here we go!

My all time favorite movie is Disney's "Beauty and the Beast." I love that movie. Love it, love it, love it. So here are two items that I've crafted having to do with that movie and I love them both equally.

The first, is a Gaston doll. I have a few Belles, I have a few Beasts, and I realized I needed a Gaston. Would you believe that they didn't make a Gaston doll?? (I think villains are shafted when it comes to the doll department.) Fine. I guess I'll just have to make my own! 

The Before Doll




This guy, I believe, is a Power Team action man. He was sent to me by a wonderful lady who just had him laying around and gave him to me when the doll I bought for him ended up being an epic fail. He's big, he's bulky, he's perfect for Gaston. He even has that I'm-better-then-you-and-I-know-it smirk on his lips. He just needed some refitting.

The After Doll - Gaston!


"Every last inch of me's covered with hair!" 


Yes, I did paint chest hair on him. I couldn't not do it! Anyway, he really only needed a few things for this amazing transformation. I trimmed the hairline back and molded new hair using this stuff called clay cloud. It was a pain because it dried REALLY fast, but the plus side is that it's been very durable. I sanded his nose to make it more crooked, removed the lip paint and repainted the pupils and eyebrows (and the very much  needed chest hair!). The clothing is made by me and the boots I stole off of, ironically, a Beast doll. I am more then pleased with how he turned out. So far, I haven't wanted to change anything about him!

The next thing is a necklace. I found this at the Disney store and loved it. Just loved it. But $50? I was pretty sure I could make it for less. I found a glass dome on etsy for $5, pulled out my oven bake clay and set to work. This was my result:


Although there are some minor changes I would like to make, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! It's one of my favorite necklaces and I wear it quite a bit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the doll lol ^_^ dose he have h ponytail to? if only the head was the same color as thebody it would be purfect ^_^ i just love your work <3

UOK BCom 3rd Year Exam Result said...

Really a very helpful article thanks for sharing and keep on sharing!

UOK BCom 1st Year Exam Result | UOK BCom Exam Result | UOK BCom 2nd Year Exam Result.

Post a Comment